Re: a DFSG/GNU FDL quick reference webpage

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:32:20 -0500, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> said:

>> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:37:37 +0000 (UTC)
>> Dylan Thurston <dpt@math.harvard.edu> wrote:

>>> I'm not sure going point-by-point through the text of the license
>>> is the best way to proceed; I feel like the main point gets a
>>> little lost.  For instance, the DRM issues, which RMS has said the
>>> FSF will address (eventually), happen to come up first, while I
>>> feel the heart of the disagreement is over the invariant sections.
>>> At least, I would have some executive summary at the beginning.

> 	If you would provide suggested wording for the most egregious
>  perceived flaws, we could add that in, with hyperlinks deeper into
>  the document for details.

	I have now updated the document with a nascent Overview
 section, which at this point contains only links. I also have added a
 few responses by rms to some of the concerns voiced about the DFSG.

	Again, the document lives at:
 <URL:http://people.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/Position_Statement.xhtml>
	or, if your browser balks ath the xml+xhtml mime type, at:
 <URL:http://people.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/Position_Statement.html>

	manoj
--
Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength.