Re: Respect for Upstream Authors and Snippets of Interest

Mahesh T. Pai <paivakil@vsnl.net>:

>  > Debian does require the *right* to remove such snippets.
>
> rights specific to Debian are not DFSG free.

Absolutely Correct!  When I said "Debian does require the *right* to
remove such snippets" I did not mean to imply that the right might be
exclusive to Debian.  The right must be there for everyone.  Debian
requires that this right (available to everyone) be present.  My
statement was verbal shorthand for this.