Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

MJ Ray wrote:
> It seems a little odd to expect Debian to contain an official
> statement saying "by software, we mean software".  Let the people who
> use bizarre definitions say "by software, we don't mean software but
> this other thing".

Given the amount of discussion this topic has started, perhaps
it might be a good idea to do it anyway, if only to reduce
the confusion for those who are not native speakers of English.

"In the Debian Project, 'software' means anything that is not
hardware. It does not mean just computer programs."

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch patent attorney - Speaking only for myself