Re: Unidentified subject!

Le lun 22/09/2003 à 08:30, Mathieu Roy a écrit :
> Apparently it's clear that Debian do not consider that his very own
> logo must be free software -- that's right, you do not need a logo at
> all to have a complete free operating system.
> If Debian already recognize that non-program software can be non-free
> without that being a problem, why refusing to include a documentation
> that include a non-program software (technical documentation is
> likely program)?

Can you read ?
*WE DO NOT SHIP THE OFFICIAL DEBIAN LOGO WITHIN THE DEBIAN OPERATING
SYSTEM.*

And if you have problems with English:
*LE LOGO OFFICIEL DEBIAN NE FAIT PAS PARTIE DU SYSTÈME D'EXPLOITATION
DEBIAN.*

The open use logo has another issue as its license needs a better
wording, but almost everyone on this list will agree that it needs to be
clarified. And you should note that while SPI is ready to change its
licensing to keep the open use logo in main (AND NOT THE OFFICIAL DEBIAN
LOGO WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DEBIAN OPERATING SYSTEM), the FSF
doesn't seem to be willing to do such things.

Nobody here is asking the FSF to make the political statements on their
website DFSG-free. We are explaining that all parts of the Debian
operating system, including documentations (BUT NOT THE OFFICIAL DEBIAN
LOGO WHICH IS NOT PART OF THE DEBIAN OPERATING SYSTEM), must be
DFSG-free.