Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

On 2003-09-22 10:47:11 +0100 Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
Free Software is known in France as Logiciel Libre. I'm not sure that
you will find many supporters of Logiciel Libre that really thinks
that Free Software is not about specifically software programs.

This is expected, because FSF encourages a misuse of the word "software" and that is possibly how most LL supporters will know the word. From what you say, "logiciel" appears fine for their purpose.

Anyway, if you are no longer talking about programs, you are no longer
talking about Operating System and even no longer talking about
computing.

Huh? Software is trivially always about computing. OSes arguably include their documentation and bundled works of art, music etc.

Because if you propose rules to handle documents sitting on a
computer which are not programs or their documentation, there's no
reason not to apply these rules to the same documents in a
non-software form.

That is my view, but again we are drifting outside the scope of Debian, so I will not pursue this.