Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

RMS said:
>I don't think that section titles are a problem--it would not be
>hard to put them in a program.

In a *binary executable* ?!?!  That's what I'm talking about here.

Anyway, the troublesome terms are "named appendix", "front-matter
section"; "titles" and "title" of "sections" or "named subunits"; and
"Title Page" (defined as "the text near the most prominent appearance
of the work's title, preceding the beginning of the body of the text",
which doesn't help, and does not make sense for anything consisting
of multiple 'parallel' files).

Would dumping ELF sections into the executable with the correct titles
and contents perhaps qualify?  ;-)

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at gcc.gnu.org>
http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html