Re: stepping in between Debian and FSF [Was: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal]

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 10:48:46AM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> Oh, wow, I'm not sure anybody was expecting *months*.
>
> That helps, anyway. If we had tried to go ahead, it's pretty much
> guaranteed that some people would have used your recent mails as an
> excuse to delay even longer; they can't get away with that now.

Bwa ha ha ha.  *That* remains to be seen.

People will get away with whatever they are permitted to get away with.

It's up to those of us who care about clause 1 of the Social Contract to
bring it to the attention of those who don't.

When others fail to lead by example, it falls to us to do so.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     There's nothing an agnostic can't
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     do if he doesn't know whether he