Re: A WDL.

> I also have no idea what direction to render the text (left-to-right or
> right-to-left). The standard tells me.

There are DFSG-free data files that include all the normative information
like this. Run "locate UnicodeData" -- I have 5 copies from Debian packages.
It's not terribly human-readable, but the data's there.

> Without the Unicode standard, which costs money, (amazon: $74.99 for
> version 4, $49.95 for version 3) I can't display Unicode text.

Or you could go to <http://www.unicode.org> and find the entire text
of the standard in PDF files. It's not DFSG-free, but it's available
at no cost.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers