Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:09:35PM +0300, Richard Braakman wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:30:21PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > Oh, does Debian have a position on use of Emacs? Sorry, I'm likly
> > going to fail adopting that.
>
> It used to have one.  The Debian position was that Emacs (along
> with TeX) was a piece of infrastructure of the Debian operating
> system.  That got edited out of the Policy Manual by nefarious agents.

You're being facetious, right?  :)

> Now the Debian position is that Emacs is not important.

IMO it was prudent and just to make the Debian Policy technology-neutral
in this respect.

You can submit a proposal for reverting the change, if you're serious.
But the proper list for discussion of this point is debian-policy.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    It is the responsibility of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    intellectuals to tell the truth and