Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

Walter Landry <wlandry@ucsd.edu> a tapoté :

> Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
> > Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> a tapoté :
> >
> > > * Mathieu Roy (yeupou@gnu.org) [030909 11:20]:
> > >
> > > Sorry, but there is certainly non-free software that provide freedom
> > > equally to GFDL.
> >
> > Name one.
> > (Note that when you speak of the freedom brought by the GFDL, you
> > cannot consider that the invariant option is surely used)
>
> The old LPPL.

I would say that the LPPL is not equal. Because it requires you to
change the name of the files you modify and that's a direct problem
when using LaTeX. It's not just like carrying a text in some place
while you are not forced to read it, it "falls directly within that
overall subject" (LaTeX usage).

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: