Re: Some licensing questions regarding celestia

Quoting Andreas Barth (aba@not.so.argh.org):

> Thank you for your explanation of the common law.

You're quite welcome.

> Well, we really have two legal systems in the world, the Roman Law
> (including the countries of both Roman Empires, that including Russia
> as sucessor of the east-roman empire, and the holy roman empire as
> sucessor of the west-roman empire and it's sucessors Spain, France and
> Germany and the other European countries except England and Ireland,
> all including their allied countries and other areas in near
> relation), and the common law (including the Kingdom of England and
> Wales, the Kingdoms united with these (Scottland, Northern Ireland),
> their (former) united and allied countries, their empire, the
> common-wealth, ...). The two legal systems are total different.

There is also Muslim law.  Yes, I'm quite well aware of the legal systems
influenced by the Napoleonic Code on the Continent.  (It is not very
accurate to call that Roman Law.)  And I'm sure it's a fascinating
side-discussion, but one I'd rather not have at this time.  Still, I do
appreciate your posting the details of German contract formation.

--
<BLINK>Resize your browser so the following line touches both margins!</BLINK>
                           <HR WIDTH="75%">