Re: stepping in between Debian and FSF

Richard,

I'm told that opinion on the GFDL within FSF is divided, and I have
hardly given up hope for movement on this topic.

Regarding FSF's definition of free software, it would have been nice if
you'd published one before we created the DFSG. We wouldn't have had to
write it. At the time we did, you sent me the statement "This is a good
definition of Free Software".

Nobody has proposed ruling the 4-clause BSD license out. Someone wrote
that he, individually, had thought about it. This is part of the problem
we are having with these discussions. People's personal opinions are
being taken as representative of their organization when they should not
be.

	Thanks

	Bruce