Re: Inline text not URLs for licenses (was: Re: Is the OSL DFSG free?)

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 01:36:30PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> For these reasons, I believe we should ask for license texts, and other
> relevant, small documents, to be posted inline instead of being linked.

I'll add one: it's just much easier to discuss a license when it's
there to be quoted from.  This seems to be a social effect.  In theory
it's not much trouble to look up a license text and copy it into
your reply, but in practice a text seems to be discussed much more
thoroughly if it was posted in the original mail.

Richard Braakman