Re: Some licensing questions regarding celestia

* Anthony DeRobertis (asd@suespammers.org) [030903 20:50]:
> On Tuesday, Sep 2, 2003, at 20:26 US/Eastern, Don Armstrong wrote:

> >Licenses are primarily founded upon Contract Law, not Copyright Law.

> I sure hope not, because a contract needs consideration (i.e.,
> something of value) from both sides to be valid.
>
> Licenses can certainly be a part of a contract (e.g., I give you $X,
> then you give me a license to do Y), but they don't have to be.

May depend on your legal system. In german it's definitly a contract.
Each donation is a contract here (to be more exact, at least two
contracts), and almost anything else also.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/