Re: A possible GFDL compromise

"Sergey V. Spiridonov" <sena@hurd.homeunix.org> writes:

> Brian T. Sniffen wrote:
>
>>>Such point of view on freedom is dependent on the copyright law.
>> No, any given work may have slightly different restrictions in
>> different domains of copyright law, but from looking at a license to
>> see whether it tries to restrict the user or free the user, it's
>> still not to hard to classify it as Free or non-Free.
>
> If the copyright law will be changed in the way that FDL will need
> just to grant permissions, you will say FDL is free, don't you?

If the copyright law were such that the MIT/X11 license had the same
effect as the GFDL 1.2, then I would accept a GFDL 1.3 identical in
text to the MIT/X11 license as free.

But this is not useful to your argument, is it?  This is because you
are wrong.

-Brian

--
Brian T. Sniffen                                        bts@alum.mit.edu