Re: A possible GFDL compromise

Bernhard R. Link wrote:
As far as I know, there is no such restriction in usage. It only limits

Yes, I agree. What I want to point out is: GPL have restrictions (limitations) on what you can do with the GPL code. So, it takes away *some* freedoms.

Debian users and maintainers agree with such limitations because they do not need this freedom in most cases (the freedom to include GPL code into the proprietary code and to distribute binary result).

The same thing is with FDL. If Debian users and maintainers do not need the freedom to remove political statements in most cases (for example Manifesto from Emacs), they can agree with invariant sections in documenation.

I believe in most cases we can agree with such a limitation.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov