Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 11:40:27PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2003-08-27 21:14:42 +0100 Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
> wrote:
> >I would only suggest s/text/content/, so that non-texual material
> >(illustrations and so forth) are also unambiguously covered.
>
> "content" is rather, uh, vague.  How about going the whole hog and
> doing s/read/enjoy/ in the first one, and s/text/work/ everywhere?

"Enjoy" is not a term I would use to describe the process of
experiencing, say, Derrida's _Limited Inc._, but if that work were
freely licensed, I would certainly be able to access, read, and
otherwise "use" it.

But yeah, I do lean towards going whole hog.  There are lots of things
in Debian other than computer programs and documentation.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Never underestimate the power of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      human stupidity.