Re: Decision GFDL

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 08:48:17PM +0200, Wouter Vanden Hove wrote:
> Where can I find the actual Debian-decision on the GNU Free
> Documentation License?

There has been no formal statement issued by the developers, but Debian
seldom bothers with such things.  We go years without issuing
non-technical position statements under clause 4.1.5 of our Consitution,
and most of the time our license DFSG-analysis process is relatively
uncontentious.

However, a convenient way to gauge consensus on the issue can be found
by reading the following thread:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200308/msg01031.html

As noted in the following message:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200308/msg01214.html

I will be tallying results sometime on or about Thursday, 28 August.

Whether or not the rest of the Debian Project agrees to whatever
consensus this survey establishes, I cannot say.  If that particular
issue[1] remains divisive even afterwards, we may require a General
Resolution to settle it.

[1] not to be confused with "should we apply the DFSG to the GNU FDL *at
    all*?"

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     It just seems to me that you are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     willfully entering an arse-kicking