Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:26:57AM +0200, Sergey Spiridonov wrote:
> What about DFSG FAQ draft? Do you think this can be applied to FDL
> documentation?
>
> # Q: Does whether some software is free depend solely on its license?
>
> A: Almost always, but there are rare exceptions. When necessary we take
> other considerations into account. So two packages with the same license
> could be judged differently based on extra-license comments the
> copyright holder has made regarding intent or interpretation, or based
> on how the contents of the package interact with license stipulations.

I suggest:

s/Almost always/Usually/
s/rare //

Perhaps my perception of the frequency of exceptional cases is distorted
by the fact that I subscribe to debian-legal, though.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     You could wire up a dead rat to a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     DIMM socket and the PC BIOS memory