Re: Is the GNU FDL a DFSG-free license?

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Josselin Mouette wrote:

>Le lun 25/08/2003 ? 09:22, Fedor Zuev a ?crit :
>> When you try to apply license outside of its scope you should expect
>> to receive funny results. GFDL has a very narrow scope. It is bad.
>> But it is different problem.

>No, it is exactly one of the problems.

	Every free license have its scope of applicability, outside
of which it may turn to non-free license. For example, if you
license a music phonorecord under GPL, you get pretty non-free
phonorecord with funny license. And you can begin from GPL-covered
literary work.

	Yes, I would understand your points. GFDL has too narrow
scope for.....

	But, please, can you take one point at a time?

	You talk about real dangers for users from GFDL?

	Or you talk about Eternal Freedom?

	Or you talk about DFSG compatability?

>Have you ever read the DFSG?

	What _exactly_ wrong with DFSG? DFSG does not define scope
in which works should be freely modifiable. It can't be universal
scope because there is no licenses, which free in the universal
scope.