Re: [STATUS] SURVEY: Is the GNU FDL a DFSG-free license?

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 04:54, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
> This is in policy (and the social contract) already. Maintainers must
> review the source code they package.

I realized after I sent this that it doesn't convey what I actually
meant. Maintainers must not put non-free software in main. The only
guaranteed way to meet this requirement is to review the source code
they package.

In reality, we have no way of enforcing that they do review the source
code (which is good, I don't want a personal enforcement arm of policy).
However, we do have a way to enforce that non-free stuff doesn't get
into main, which is almost as good. So I don't see what good a specific
rule stating "maintainers must review source" will do over the current
rule of "non-free things cannot go in main".
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>