Re: Is the GNU FDL a DFSG-free license?

Op zo 24-08-2003, om 08:36 schreef Nathanael Nerode:
> However, if an author believes that modifications of his work may be
> "prejudicial to his or her honor or reputation" without being illegal
> for other reasons (libel, slander, fraud, misrepresentation, etc.), I
> think that that work is unequivocally not DFSG-free and should not be
> allowed in Debian!  A work where its author plans to restrict what
> modification can be made does not belong in Debian.  It probably
> wouldn't hurt to get statements from authors saying "I do not consider
> any modification which does not violate other laws or infringe other
> specific rights to be prejudicial to my honor or repuation".

The nice part about this is that in the EU, these rules explicitely do
not apply to computer programs. They might apply to documentation (I
still need to find the text of the european directive), so there could
be a difference here.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."