Re: Is the Sun RPC License DFSG-free?

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 02:05:57PM -0400, Brian T. Sniffen wrote:
> Sun has repeatedly clarified elsewhere that the intent of this is
> essentially "MIT/X11, except you may not distribute this product
> alone."

That cuts out everything but the GPL/LGPL incompatibility problem,
which remains a sticking point.

I think that even if you could weasel your way into including this in
glibc, you couldn't then link a GPL application to it without
violating the license of that application.

Not a DFSG-freeness problem, per se, but rather one of realistically
being able to distribute the software at all.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |