Re: Advice on DFSG status of this licence

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 10:13:18PM -0400, Brian T. Sniffen wrote:
> The last sentence just means that "Install Debian GNU/Hurd, with the
> RIPE Whois Server!" shouldn't show up on our posters.  It's verging on
> non-free, violating DFSG 9, but this minor effect has been tolerated
> for authors paranoid of exploitation before.

Off the top of my head (and therefore without spending a couple of
hours checking), it's a no-op because it is just restarting one of the
tenets of copyright law.

If anybody does want to check that out, section 6bis of the Berne
convention and Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 106a of the United States
Code appear to be the relevant ones.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |