Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Wednesday, Aug 13, 2003, at 15:57 US/Eastern, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:

People wanting FDL in main want to distribute non-free stuff.

Hm... Can you prove it? Software in non-free is clearly non-free. While FDL seems to be disputable on this list.

The question of GFDL with invariant sections was settled long ago. If you take a poll of this list, you'll find most everyone agrees that is non-free.

I believe the question of the GFDL w/o invariant sections has similarly been settled.

There are only a few people, yourself included, who seem like they might disagree with one or both of the above conclusions. Please go ahead and look at the list archives and count.

So distributing non-free is a good thing? Do you really think, that you help users when you distribute non-free?

That is a question for another thread on another mailing list. So is the related question of: If yes, does that benefit outweigh the harm (if any) to free software and/or our integrity/principles/etc.