Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, MJ Ray wrote:

MR>Fedor Zuev <Fedor_zuev@mail.ru> wrote:
MR>> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, MJ Ray wrote:
MR>> MR>I have now been given a link to the German copyright law at
MR>> MR>http://bundesrecht.juris.de/bundesrecht/urhg/index.html but I am very
MR>> MR>slow at reading German, if anyone else wants to beat me to reading it.
MR>> 	http://www.copyrighter.ru/lite/germanapisp.htm

MR>Thanks for the info.  Section 8 for people reading either copy.

MR>Assuming that to be an accurate translation, it seems that computer
MR>programs are explicitly called "works of language" and have some extra
MR>provisions made for them.  The most significant seem to be:-
MR> * Works created for a job contract make the recipient rights holder;
MR> * Some use can be restricted by copyright licence, but isn't by default;
MR> * Backups are explicitly permitted;
MR> * Some provisions for reverse engineering;
MR>more or less... read it yourself to be sure I've not misinterpreted.

MR>Although there are more provisions, it appears basically similar to UK
MR>law in method and doesn't look like it "replaces nearly all regulations
MR>that apply to other literary works" as claimed.

	Hmmm... I am curious how you can say so. 38-)

	Articles 69c,69d completely redefine all conception of
exclusive rights (compare with articles 15-23 for "generic"
exclusive rights) - the heart of copyright regime. Hard to imagine
_more_ important changes.