Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:

> A number of people have posted long lists of supposed reasons why the
> GFDL is not a free license.  I have not seen one that is valid, but I
> cannot comment on each point.  It takes longer to refute an attack
> than to make one, and the critics outnumber me.  Even supposing I
> could afford to spend full time on this discussion, I could not keep
> up with them.

The problem is that he then picks the easiest point to address and
ignores the others.  What we need is a `Slashdot interview' type of
rating of the questions to be asked.  I am abstaining to send messages
to RMS about this issue, leaving others more knowledgeable have the
bandwidth.

I really liked Barak Pearlmutter's post.  The fact that RMS won't
address it assures me that the situation will not change.  We might as
well declare defeat for free software and move the manuals to non-free.
Strangely, RMS thinks most DDs will be against this.  I hope he is
wrong.

Peter