Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 02:33:19AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 09:21:13PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > I would point out that the FSF has rewritten its views as well.  For
> > example, I protested that the FSF's acceptance of invariant sections
> > contradicted its own reasing in the "why free manuals are important"
> > document; the result was that the FSF changed the document.
>
> Do you have the previous version of the document?
>
> I'd like to prepare a word diff of the old and new versions, and
> preserve it for posterity.

You can easily do that using the viewcvs interface to www.gnu.org

   http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/?cvsroot=www.gnu.org

I've failed to find the document "why free manuals are important" that Thomas
Bushnell refers. Can he point out in viewcvs the two versions where the
alleged change of the document occurred and some prove of the correlation with
his protest?

Regards,
Jaime Villate