Re: various opinions on Debian vs the GFDL

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 02:43, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 10:19:24PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> > > What's stopping you from doing all your music in some XML format, anyway? > [...] Forcing you to convert mp3s to XML
> > I'd assume: "A 'Transparent' copy of the Document [is] suitable for
> > revising the document straightforwardly with generic text editors...."

> You could do something similar for sound effects or recorded sound by
> dumping the FFT into XML, I think.

Essentially, you'd be doing a big hex dump. I don't think it could be
considered straitforward to revise that with a text editor. Even if it
was, "a copy made in an otherwise Transparent file format whose markup,
or absence of markup, has been arranged to thwart or discourage
subsequent modification by readers is not Transparent."