Re: various opinions on Debian vs the GFDL

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 10:19:24PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> > What's stopping you from doing all your music in some XML format, anyway? > [...] Forcing you to convert mp3s to XML
> I'd assume: "A 'Transparent' copy of the Document [is] suitable for
> revising the document straightforwardly with generic text editors...."

What's stopping you from editing an XML file with a text editor?

<note pitch="middlec" timbre="xylophone">

You could do something similar for sound effects or recorded sound by
dumping the FFT into XML, I think. Being able to edit it with a text
editor doesn't mean that's the way you'd want to edit it, necessarily,
just that's it a reasonable thing to do.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''