Re: Knoppix and GPL

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 01:39:32AM -0400, Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> wrote...

> I believe that the Knoppix CD is violating the GPL by not distributing
> source code to GPL packages that they distribute.  In particular, I looked
> at http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html#license and found the
> following text:

To my knowledge  Klaus Knopper has repeatedly stated that he would send
the source to anyone if they sent him the needed number of blank CD-Rs.
IMHO that's a reasonable way to distribute source, though slightly
inconvenient. The blank CD-Rs would be the "cost of physically performing
source distribution".

Also the source to stuff knoppix has modified can be found at
http://www.knopper.net/download/knoppix/

--
	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF