Re: Suggestion to maintainers of GFDL docs

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 09:40:49AM -0400,
 Peter S Galbraith <psg@debian.org> wrote
 a message of 25 lines which said:

> * Why you shouldn't use the GFDL:: Debian doesn't recommend using this license.

Can you actually write this section and post it here? Because I have a
practical problem: finding a free licence for an important
documentation I'm currently writing (and one which is not included in
a specific software) and, after getting a headache from reading
hundreds of previous postings in debian-legal, I still have
difficulties to find a proper licence.

Practical advices are welcome. I believe it is easier to bash the GFDL
than to write a proper alternative.