Re: Proposed statement wrt GNU FDL

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Anthony Towns wrote:

> The Solution
>
> There are a number of things that can be done to avoid this problem.

One which isn't mentioned there is to amend the DFSG to allow the FDL and
similar licences.

Before someone schedules a MOAB test over my home, note that I am not
advocating this course, merely that it should be mentioned and refuted.  If
we don't do this, someone, somewhere is going to make the jump, and proceed
to pester the Project to death with questions about why we don't just modify
"that pesky ol' DFSG" and solve the problem that way.

- Matt