Re: query from Georg Greve of GNU about Debian's opinion of the F DL

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:

> Unfortunately it seems that because of the history -- of which I was
> not a part, by the way -- the issue is still very emotional to most
> people on this list.

Indeed.  Ensuring that Debian remains free is the primary reason for this
list's existence, and it can be an emotional topic.  Still, the Debian
the topic comes up again.

> Unfortunately, I am too busy to do this discussion justice, as
> important as it may be. Because right now I need to set up a Free
> Software project with the European Commission, for which April 24th is
> the deadline.

Good luck with that, and I look forward to hearing from you and/or other
FSF representatives soon.  I hope it's not terribly much longer, as the
current semi-consensus is likely to congeal into an actual necessity to
remove un-free emacs documentation from Debian.