Re: Dissident versus ASP

Scripsit Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>

> I'm saying that in the most typical case, these folks will have big
> servers & big pipes.  I'm certainly not saying that it's ideal that
> only folks with big servers and big pipes be able to provide ASP
> services.

What you seem to be saying is that you consider it OK if a
(purportedly free) license effectively prevents people *without*
big servers and big pipes from using/modifying the software.

Well, that's probably not what you mean, but it's the consequence of
the "this is free enough, because it will not be hard to satisfy for
people who do have sexy hardware" line of reasoning.

--
Henning Makholm                                    "*Vi vil ha wienerbrød!*"