Re: Dissident versus ASP

Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org> writes:

> Folks who are providing an ASP-style service generally are going to
> have big web servers and lots of bandwidth anyway; I'm not convinced
> that distribution of source would be a significant burden for them.

But the proposals for "closing the loophole" apply not only to the big
nasty people with the wide pipes, but also to the people, who, say,
stripped out the source-downloading feature because they are over a
satellite link to Antartica, and the changes were published anyhow in
the lab back in Chicago.