Re: Is epic package non-free?

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 10:15:23AM -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [Send Cc: to me, i'm not subscribed]
>
> I was checking the epic package, because i've ITA on it now.After
> the check, i've some doubts about the license:
>
> Quoting debian/copyright:
>
> IRC II is copyright (c) 1990 by Michael Sandrof.  You have the
> right to copy, compile, and maintain this software.  You also
> have the right to make modifcations to this code for local use
> only.
>
> "...for local use only." ?!

	Now that I've dug further into this matter, I see this in
ircii-pana's debian/copyright following a copy of the revised BSD:

    (This is the new IRC-II copyright, negotiated by David Welton of the
    Debian Project and applied retroactively by Michael Sandrof and the
    other original authors.)

	Looks like epic is OK after all.

Simon