Re: The Show So Far

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 04:42:28AM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 06:57:17PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > The benefits you can get from the Windows source code are _exactly_
> > the same in nature as those you obtain from the Google source code.
> Not exactly.  I can modify the source of the Windows source, compile it
> and use the changes[1].  I can't modify the source of www.google.com,
> compile it and use the changes, since I can't touch their server.

Well, I can't modify the source of Windows and compile it since I don't
have a copy of Visual C++, or whatever other build scripts Microsoft
might rely on. This is why the GPL requires "_complete_ source code".

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''