Re: PHPNuke license

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, David Turner wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 00:19, Anthony Towns wrote:
>> Well, they try to anyway. If there's no copying taking place, I fail
>> to see how it can apply, whether it tries to or not.
>
> Because the preparation of derivative works is one of the exclusive
> rights of copyright holders.  Please read 17 USC 106 (2) again.

Yet again, it is not enough to cite 17 USC 106 (2), without citing 17
USC 107 and the caselaw based on 17 USC 107.

Anthony is quite reasonable in presuming that the current
interpretation of "Fair Use" applies to cases where there is no
copying taking place. You are free to disagree, but merely citing 106
is not sufficient.

Don Armstrong

--
If you wish to strive for peace of soul, then believe; if you wish to
be a devotee of truth, then inquire.

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu