Re: PHP-Nuke: A calling for votes

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 10:15:56AM +0100, hec@debian.org wrote:

> Richard Braakman wrotes:

> >  1. The GPL is DFSG-free by definition
> >  2. The author is interpreting GPL 2(c) in a legally valid way
> >  3. Therefore, the condition is also DFSG-free

> That's my point of view. We have judge Mr.F.Burzi and found him guilty.

We have done no such thing.  This is not a court of law, and we should
not be attaching a stigma of "guilt" to a decision that a license doesn't
qualify for main (the stigma of "non-free" serves our aims just as well).

If you want to convict Mr. Burzi, his ego and his shoddy code would make
much better targets than his license.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer