Re: PHP-Nuke: A calling for votes

Steve Langasek wrote:

I don't see that a vote is either necessary or relevant here.

It doesn't harm in anyway, and it will help me :-) This is only voluntary.

 Unless you
have a specific argument why you believe the interpretation put forth by
debian-legal is wrong,
Just my personal opinion about GLP 2c as a programmer. I am not legal guru btw.

if you are unwilling to accept the consensus of
this list and move the package to non-free, I have no reservations about
filing a bug requesting PHP-Nuke's removal altogether.
Not at all. Just trying to know what you people think. And going to non-free is probably what gonna happen if the voting stays the same way it is now. Probably i will need less than a week to have a right idea of the consensus.

Perhaps you should reconsider whether it's wise to maintain a package for
a piece of software with such an antisocial upstream.

Perhaps... I don't know him personally. And i understand that he probably receives _a lot_ of mail about phpnuke. So i will give him another chance.

Anyway, i inherit your position like an "a)"

--
bye,

Hugo Espuny                 hec@espuny.net | GNUPG key:
debian developer            hec@debian.org | pub  1024D/E8074ECF 2002-06-28
For more info, visit http://www.debian.org | sub  1024g/2953AFAB 2002-06-28
GNUPG key fingerprint:   D324 3DC4 1F2A 0936 DEB9  A4D9 D24A 8237 E807 4ECF

| "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, huh!                     |
|  Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.                        |
|  I've watched C-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.  |
|  All those moments will be lost in time, like tears ... in the rain.    |
|  Time to die."                                                          |
|    -- Roy Batty, nexus 6 Tyrrel Corp. replicant, 2019 AC, L.A. --       |