From: Ann Barcomb <ann@domaintje.com>
Subject: Re: Perl module licensing and Debian
To: Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 02:32:06 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Someone forwarded your mail to the perlxml list to me.  I think it
is important to get this information out to module authors (for
example with a post to use.perl.org), but it is also important to
have clear steps authors can take to 'fix' their licenses.  Has
Debian stated whether it would be acceptable for modules to add
which Perl (license) version the module is available under?
For example, would the following text (a minute change for the
module author) be acceptable?
    This module is available under the same terms and conditions as
    Perl itself, versions 5.3 through 6.8.

Also, if there is some way for module authors to inform Debian that
the change of license has been made this issue can be addressed that
much more quickly.

I appreciate any information you may be able to add to your original
post.

Thanks,
Ann Barcomb
<ann@domaintje.com>