Re: Perl module licensing, the next step

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 04:25:26PM -0600, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> I've been contacted by Ann Barcomb (see her message below; below that is her
> second message to me) about the Perl module license issue.  I've put her on
> the Cc and would appreciate it if you could keep her on the list of recepients.
>
> So, what information do we feed back to the Perl community in order for them
> to "fix" their licenses.

Well, there's arguments on both sides, but doesn't yet seem to be a consensus
on whether this is a real problem or not.  Clarifying it probably can't
hurt, though.

>     This module is available under the same terms and conditions as
>     Perl itself, versions 5.3 through 6.8.

Perhaps (taking the GPL as a hint):

    This module is available under the same terms and conditions as
    Perl itself, version 5.3 or (at your option) any later version.

to prevent any possible license conflicts down the road, and the
unnecessary implication that "6.8" should be updated with every
release of Perl.

--
Glenn Maynard