Re: License of ROOT: acceptable for non-free?

On 31-Jan-03, 10:17 (CST), Craig P Steffen <craig@craigsteffen.net> wrote:
> Having this package in Debian would be a tremendous asset.

I think that ROOT's license is acceptable for non-free. Whether
it's wise to add it is up to you, the maintainer, and the users. In
particular, if I were considering maintaining such a program, I'd want
to know if I needed a new permission to distribute new version, or if I
could get blanket permision along the lines of "debian may distribute
modified versions of ROOT".

But I'm not.

Steve
--