Re: License of ROOT: acceptable for non-free?

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

> Clearly the license is non-free due to the requirement that modified
> versions not be distributed without the permission of the authors.  My
> question is this: if I were to obtain permission from the authors for
> Debian to distribute packaged binaries of Root, would that be sufficient
> for it to go into non-free?

Being unable to not fix security issues in a timely manner is a Bad
Thing.  We should not support, endorse or otherwise support such
software.  Not even in non-free (which is not part of Debian proper).

					yours,
					peter
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal