Re: OSD && DFSG convergence

Sam Hartman writes:

 >     Russell> But even if you disagree with me, how would you change
 >     Russell> the DFSG so that it agrees with you?  Because I see
 >     Russell> nothing in the DFSG which keeps APSL code out of Debian.
 >
 > The standard argument seems to be that Apple's requirements to publish
 > any modified code that is deployed violate fields of endeavor by
 > discriminating against people without net access or who cannot make
 > their work public.
 >
 > I find this argument somewhat shaky.

Indeed.  There is no reason why someone cannot publish their source
code through an entity which promises to publish the code, keep secret
the author of the code, AND in the case of a lawsuit, serve to
identify the author as having published their code.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | You get prosperity when
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | the government does less,