Re: OSD && DFSG convergence

    John> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 05:08:15PM -0500, Russell Nelson
    >> Take out the R&D and personal use grants.  Does it still comply
    >> with the DFSG?  Now add them back.  How is it possible for more
    >> freedom to make the software DFSG-nonfree?

    John> Because the freedom is distributed unevenly.  DFSG states
    John> that there must not be discrimination.  If there is -- that
    John> is, if different people/groups get different levels of
    John> freedom -- then it is not DFSG-free.

 For the record I would like to state that I cannot be part of a
 consensus for this interpretation of the DFSG.  I do not wish to
 discuss this point now but would be happy to discuss this point at
 any future time when a specific package comes before this list.

I'm also happy to discuss now off-list; it just seems pointless to
waste list traffic on a side discussion when the purpose of the list
is for license review.