Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes

 > It seems to be a question based on the false idea that the DFSG is
 > intended to be taken literally and without interpretation, though.  The
 > DFSG is fairly useless without being augmented by human judgement.

Obviously.  The question is how much augmenting is necessary.  For
example, if you have no limit on the amount of interpretation you wish
to make of the DFSG, then the whole of the DFSG could be: ``Ogg say
"Ugh"''.

I understand the attraction behind bending the DFSG to your will.  Do
you understand why I think the DFSG should say what you take it to
mean?  Do you understand why I want the OSD to say the same thing?

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | You get prosperity when
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | the government does less,