Re: DFSG vs Pine's legal notices: where exactly is the gotcha?

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

SSP>you misinterpreted me.

Quite possibly: I twisted your words a little here and there, but mainly I
forgot a "8-)" at the end of the paragraph. Sorry, my comment was meant to
be humorous, not harsh.

SSP>list of armchair lawyers.  We tend to be a lot more conservative on what is
SSP>allowed and that is partly out of our goal to push freedom and partly from

Hmm, I believe they're about as careful as Debian is: you surely know that
they removed all mp3 functionality from the current release because of
licensing concerns. I agree 100% that Debian is more conservative to push
freedom, though.

Ok, a couple of replies still, but the thread is essentially over for me: I
gave my opinion, I heard your comments and it only remains to try asking
nicely if they change the license (ok, I'm not holding my breath on this one
;-)

BR,
Andrea.

--
Mä muistan sen kirkkaan päivän, sen kesän ja sen valon häivän
Heinä haisi, puut tuoksui, linnut lauloi vaan