Re: DFSG vs Pine's legal notices: where exactly is the gotcha?

On Sunday 10 November 2002 02:25, Andrea Borgia wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
>

> SSP>RH can also afford to be sued.
>
> IMHO, you're kidding yourself if you do believe they're consciously trying
> to get sued by systematically ignoring licenses. They're a business and
> businesses do not survive by actively looking for trouble(*).
>
> Andrea.
>
> (*) with the the exception of PanIP, of course ;-)

you misinterpreted me.

My point is they have lawyers and have looked at the issues and made a cost
analysis decision as well as a legal one.  Debian on the other hand has this
list of armchair lawyers.  We tend to be a lot more conservative on what is
allowed and that is partly out of our goal to push freedom and partly from
our desire to not deal with lawyers or being sued.